Foro / Juegos

Gaming Pc Build... Windows or Linux?

Última respuesta: 28 de mayo de 2018 a las 4:55
Y
yevhen_788571
18/5/18 a las 8:15

Hi,

I'm hoping to build a new gaming pc in the next couple of days (when my parts arrive) and I have not decided on an OS yet. Like a lot of people, I've used Windows all my life but I'm looking for something cheaper and more secure then windows 10. I also heard linux is easier to install also, which is good for me because I'm not experienced in installing this stuff. (Though I'm sure I could install either, it's probably not rocket science.) My question is, which OS would be better for steam gaming? Do all games on steam work for linux? Would you recommend one or the other based on your experience?

​​Please help

I did not find the right solution from the Internet.

References: -
​​

Thanks

Ver también

C
chrif_5330764
28/5/18 a las 4:55
En respuesta a yevhen_788571

Hi,

I'm hoping to build a new gaming pc in the next couple of days (when my parts arrive) and I have not decided on an OS yet. Like a lot of people, I've used Windows all my life but I'm looking for something cheaper and more secure then windows 10. I also heard linux is easier to install also, which is good for me because I'm not experienced in installing this stuff. (Though I'm sure I could install either, it's probably not rocket science.) My question is, which OS would be better for steam gaming? Do all games on steam work for linux? Would you recommend one or the other based on your experience?

​​Please help

I did not find the right solution from the Internet.

References: -
​​https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=242105
Blockchain mobile advertising

Thanks

Hi @anderson. 1st I've found your post a little bit weird because almost the whole forum is in spanish, I wonder why you've chosen to ask here. I've studied electronic engineering and I've been a pc enthusiast over time. I've had few experience with Linux, most of my experience have been using windows: more than 20 years, since windows 3.1 (back at school) and windows 95 (family's first computer)... all the way until the most recent ones (using windows 7 pro now)....

I'd say both OSs are quite different. Here some ideas about each:

Windows:
- expensive
- closed
- quite insecure (you gotta have cautions)
- it may happen that there are more known apps here
- it does many things for you, lately it hides the code and shows easy controls

Linux
- free
- open
- more secure
- you gotta check for the linux version at some places
- sometimes you have to do it for yourself, like to check online and write/do stuff

I've been researching a little bit about Linux lately. It seems it comes in different kinds for the users to choose, according to their needs and also they seem to have some core differences.. an easy way to install it is to get the "Etcher" app that will ask you for an ISO of the Linux and a device like a pendrive. Oficial ISO files are easly to find online... 

I'm not quite sure about in which OS would run better gaming. I'd say depending on the machine. If you have a high ended one it basically doesn't matter as OSs wouldn't slow it down (in theory).

Another thing you could try is to set up a multipleOS boot, like to choose from different OSs and then to start using it. Is a great option to compare them. Some people use virtual machines... but I'm not familiarized with that topic.,

I understand that it is much more difficult to "hack" or to damage a system based on  linux, also that most of the harmful software outthere is windows oriented... since it seems to be a more easy target... so windows users must defenitly have a good realtime antivirus with decent features and also a great firewall all well updated...

Good luck!

ISDIN Si-Nails

ISDIN Si-Nails

Compartir
No te pierdas ni uno solo de nuestros tableros en Pinterest
pinterest